Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

I didn't buy my mom a card for Mother's Day. I did not get her flowers. I did not take her to dinner. I didn't even call. I meant to get a card. I did. I just put it off until it was too late.
We've never been close. Sure we can chit-chat about stuff in our lives, mostly superficial and definitely NOTHING deep, nothing emotional. .. Ever. I don't know why that is. Its just always been that way. And quite frankly I'm done being sad about it or wanting it to change. It is the way it is. HOWEVER. I will. NOT. let that be how things are between my children and me. Now, I know my children and I may go through rough times where I am just the last person on earth that they want to tell something to, but in general, I want them to be able to talk to me, to cry on my shoulder, to know without a doubt in their minds or hearts that I love them. That I'll love them forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment